Progressive is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We have robust procedures in place to ensure that any data that you provide is processed and stored securely. We will never pass your data on to any third parties without your express consent. Progressive is committed to meeting the requirements of the following laws and codes:
• EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• The Market Research Society (MRS) Code of Conduct
• ISO 20252.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Why we collect and process personal data
Progressive is a market research agency. We conduct research on behalf of a wide range of public and private sector organisations. We may have collected data from you as part of a face-to-face or telephone survey. We may also have contacted you to invite you to take part in an online or postal research survey, or to validate the information you provided via a face-to-face or telephone survey.
We may have received your contact details (e.g. email address, telephone number, postal address) from an organisation that holds this information and wishes to invite you to take part in research. For example, this may be an organisation that you are a customer of (utility supplier, bank, retailer, etc.), an organisation which you receive information from (you have signed up to receive information by email or by post) or an organisation that you are a member of. You may have provided your personal details as part of a survey you took part in face-to-face, by telephone, by post or online.
The legal basis for processing data collected from you is either:
• You have agreed to take part in a survey administered by Progressive, or
• The organisation that commissioned the research has a legitimate interest in analysing and/or processing data you have provided to it.
When we invite you to take part in a survey, we will explain why the data is being collected and how it will be processed. This will allow you to decide whether you wish to give your consent by taking part in the survey.
Personal data we may collect from you
The personal data that we collect and process about you may include:
• Information on your age, gender, ethnicity or other personal details, collected as part of a research survey (you do not have to answer these questions if you prefer not to)
• Your contact details (address, phone number, email), to enable us to conduct quality checks and administer prize draws, etc.
• Data on your opinions, behaviours and experiences in relation to the topics within the survey.
How we use personal data
We will only use personal data held about you to:
• Conduct quality checks relating to the work of our survey interviewers
• Contact you in relation to prize draws you have entered
• Contact you about taking part in further research, if you have agreed to this
• Analyse our aggregated research results (analysis and reports will always be anonymised and you will never be identified in any research reports).
Your personal details will be removed from the research data and securely deleted within one month of the end of the research study, unless otherwise stated in the survey introduction or invitation. For qualitative recruitment, respondent details will be kept for six months, to ensure individuals are not re‑recruited for other projects within this timeframe.
Keeping your data secure
We invest appropriate resources to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. All our employees sign a confidentiality agreement and are trained on our data security compliance procedures. We only authorise data access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
Who we share the information with
We will never sell or lease your data to any third parties. From time to time we may transfer your data to another company that performs functions on our behalf. This could include, for example, a printer to print letters for a postal survey. They will not be able to use your data for any purpose other than the specific function required. They must also follow the requirements of this policy and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Access to your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to withdraw consent to process your personal data or to see what data we hold about you. We will delete your personal data one month after the completion of the research project. If you wish to withdraw consent to process your data or wish to see your data before it has been deleted, please let us know by contacting us at the email or postal address below or by completing this form
Progressive Partnership Ltd
3 Quality Street